Friday, July 21, 2006

Hey, Am I alone in here...

It's a nice day in Seattle, climbing toward 90 and sunny. When the weather is like this on a Friday, my place of employement emptys likes an ice cold bottle of beer into my tummy. At lunch, the cafeteria was nearly empty save for the food staff. I should have been tipped off by the fact that someone brought his boat and had it taking up two spaces in the lot this morning when I arrived, wonder what time that employee took off?

Anyway, this four building campus feels strange when it’s this empty in the middle of a workday. I listen hard but can't hear anyone else typing, the phones are silent, and a single person hasn’t walked past my cube in hours. I'm alone with the air conditioning vibrating in the building's HVAC system and the electricity coursing through my computer monitor and the banks of fluorescent lights overhead. Outside my window, the sky is blue and the leaves of the trees are shiny like little pieces of green glass reflecting back the sun. I think I'll finish up now, I hear my backyard calling...

I might not be posting much this upcoming week (as if I was ever that prolific in the first place) due to the fact that I'm preparing for my first law exam ever!

No comments: