Friday, September 08, 2006

To Keg or Not to Keg....

For the past two Thursday since the start of school, there have been invites to a law school kegger every Friday night. Nothing makes me feel older than when the cute, young blond looks over to me and asks, "are you going?” It shouldn't, I could go, I wouldn’t be that out of place...I'm not that much older than this group whose ages run from 22-40+, and where the average age is supposedly 27. But, I’m not much in the mood for keggers anymore. My idea of a good time is getting together with friends at one of our homes, having a bbq, watching their kids play in the backyard, and having a beer or two. For some reason the notion of standing around a hot, smoky house while watching twenty somethings grind against one another doesn't have the appeal that it used to....(I attribute the loss of appeal to my wife, I'm pretty sure she is against me grinding on anything, except for her that is...)

Anyway, my grade back from the Crim Law class I took during the summer. It was an A. One of our professors gave us the advice of not sharing how we did; there is no upside to telling people how you did for either you or them. I'm taking that advice, but it's difficult, everyone asks and they all want to compare notes. All I will say is that I did okay, better than expected, and then I change the subject. I'm trying not to let on that I'm currently sitting atop the forced curve. Now, if I can stay humble and not get cocky....

The bathroom remodel is coming along. I think we'll finish it off this weekend and I'll publish photos of what it looks like. After that, it's on to the kitchen. The kitchen shouldn’t be quite as big of a problem; all we are doing is changing out the cabinets, refurbishing the floors, and getting new appliances. There won't be any structural changes and I'm not doing any major construction (aside from patching a largish hole in the wet wall).

Anyway...I might post twice today, I’m thinking of writing reviews of the contractors I've used just in case someone might be trying to googling them and see how they were....

No comments: