Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Is that warm toasty feeling coming from the rum in my egg nog, or the nuclear warhead stockpile 20 miles from my house!!!

I was feeling all warm and cozy last night. I was in an old college sweatshirt, slippers on my feet, a little bit of the Yule tide ‘nog in my belly, and the warm feeling that comes from having only 1 test left before Christmas break, and I was feeling pretty good about things. But then, I read this article. I have known about the submarine base located not far from Seattle, but I've never really thought of the implication of it being so close to Seattle. Imagine, nearly a 1/4 of our nuclear arsenal is located stone's throw from downtown and one of the largest population center in the west. I am normally a pretty rational person, and I know that the base is extremely safe. The subs are well guarded and the chance of an accident is remote, but still...it does give me pause. Anyway, back to studying.

No comments: